Call to Book Today: 07815 818613
How to Prepare for a Spray Tan
- Buff away dry skin before treatment with a gentle natural exfoliator. This will make your tan last much longer by revealing new skin. I sell LA Tan exfoliator which is ideal.
- Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close.
- Shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a rich moisturiser to replenish dry skin.
- Moisturise generously the day before, ideally overnight. This will prevent dryness and provide the perfect tanning base.
- Shower off any products (using only oil free body & face wash), perfume, oils, moisturisers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment. Also remove all jewellery.
- Dark, loose cotton and jersey fabrics and dark underwear without tight waistbands are ideal to wear before and after your spray tan. If you have nothing suitable, pyjamas work well in a pinch! Some of the guide colour can be easily removed by tight fitting clothing so it is best to keep clothing loose.
- A patch test before your treatment is always recommended to ensure the tanning formula is suitable for you. I do this at your appointment.
- Bring some hair ties along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free. A head band is also useful.
- If you have to run any errands after your spray tan, you can take deodorant to apply afterwards once your tan has set.
- Applying nail polish to fingers and toes will help to protect the nails from any discolouration from the tanning product.
Spray Tan Aftercare
- Wait at least 8 to 12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin. (The fast tan I offer can be showered off 2-4 hours after your appointment depending on the shade you want your tan to develop to).
- Don’t worry if you see colour wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturiser until after your first shower, as this could affect the immediate reaction of the tan solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Avoid rubbing and touching your skin while the tan is developing.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Avoid long hot baths and chlorinated swimming pools.
- Moisturise daily, especially after bathing, to maintain your tan. For best results use a water based moisturiser. Don’t use oil based moisturisers, they can cause blotchy areas. I sell LA Tan oil free moisturiser and tan extender which are ideal.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your spray tan. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Spray tans do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.