Call to Book Today: 07815 818613
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 48 hours.
This means for 48 hours:
- No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
- No sport, gym work or other exercise.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes to avoid friction on the area.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist. (Deodorant & make up can be applied after 24 hours)
- Moisturise your skin daily (after 24 hours) after your waxing treatment with a Tea Tree cream as the follicles are open and prone to infection.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after waxing as they might irritate your skin.
- Loofah 2-3 times a week in the shower with tea-tree skin wash. The best time to start is 72-hours after your wax. After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all soap and leave the loofah to dry naturally in a well ventilated place.
- Avoid using natural loofah’s as bacteria thrives in natural fibres. Synthetic ones are best!
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring, infection and look unappealing. Continue to gently exfoliate.
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream (if there are no medical reasons that contraindicate this) to reduce redness, hiving or irritation.
You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to fall into a growth cycle that gives the best results. Please do not shave between your appointments, if you would like to maintain your smooth appearance, we recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks.